AEC is a global mobility solutions provider committed to finding better ways. The group of companies is active in the areas of international vehicle distribution, global fleet services, parts and accessories, homologation, retail and logistics services, and is an official distributor of Stellantis’ Dodge and RAM brands in Europe. Become part of our team and join our Accounting Team in Verrebroeck (Belgium). Reporting to the Manager Finance as an Accountant.
About the Finance/Accounting Dept.
Our Finance/Accounting Dept. includes industrial experts, accountants, and managers who work diligently to ensure company objectives are met. From budgeting to financial reporting & analysis, big picture direction to hands-on operations, we make sure people, process and system sustain business growth. If you are future oriented, love to think outside the box, and enjoy taking the opportunity to support colleagues in every financial aspect of our global business, we have a seat for you!
This position can is based in our Belgian office in Antwerp/ Verrebroeck, with flexibility to work from home once a week.
Reporting to the Manager Finance, the Accountant is responsible of the general accounting (day-to-day accounting and monthly close activities) and tax activities of one of our two Belgian entities independently. The role ensures the Company’s financial statements and resulting supporting schedules are captured timely, completely, and accurately in accordance with local GAAP, also works with Finance teams in different countries to promote best practices and to facilitate harmonization of processes. The successful candidate is ethical, detail-oriented, self-directed, able to quickly adapt to change, will demonstrate intellectual curiosity and have a mind for numbers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee General Ledger functions to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and conformity with professional accounting standards and best practices in accordance with BEGAAP, company policy and procedures.
- Responsible for Journal Entries, Balance Sheet Account reconciliations, payroll, taxes, AR and AP functions and processes.
- Ensure correct and accurate accounting classification of all expenditures and documents.
- Execute and monitor the month, quarter and year-end closing.
- Perform cash flow planning, treasury management, including in Foreign Exchanges currencies hedging (USD, EUR).
- Full responsibility in VAT (BE), Intrastat, Tax management.
- Preparation of the year end accounts in each of our legal entities, then the tax declarations.
- Management of external relationships with tax authorities, tax advisers, other officials.
- Management of the insurance contracts.
- Prepare financial reports.
- Prepare the annual BE statutory accounts.
- Coordinate with Finance team in Canada/Germany for local statutory accounts and compliance.
- Help develop divisional budgets and forecasts.
- Analyze current systems and processes to ensure accurate recording of accounting data.
- Identify of, advocate for, and implement potential process improvements and take an active role in continuously improving company’s processes.
- Ensure backup and continuity management in the general accounting team through the year.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Have at least 5 relevant years of experience (Consultancy, Taxation, Audit or Accounting)
- Speaks fluently Dutch and English, French is a plus.
- Good knowledge of ERP accounting systems, preferably SAP, Strong Excel skills, including pivot tables and relational queries.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and compassion; confronts issues directly (avoids triangulation). Gives and accepts praise as well as direct/candid feedback.
- Exhibits strong communication skills; applies tact and exhibits a respectful demeanor. Also, conveys thoughts clearly and with appropriate business writing abilities.
- Collaborates by proactively sharing information and buildings relationships across the organization; displays a customer service focus.
- “Change Agent” with a focus on procedures and processes.
- Ability to adjust and prioritize workloads and meet deadlines.
- Adaptability: we love change!
- Reliability: we say what we do and we do what we say.
- Professionalism: we have what it takes.
- Leadership: we all take ownership.
- Growth: we are committed to continuous improvement...
- Kindness: we put people first.
What you'll get in return
- The opportunity to shape and grow an industry-leading automotive distributor.
- A flexible, collaborative, dynamic, and fast-paced work environment.
- Many opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Opportunities to participate in exciting brand and company events that give back to the community.
- Competitive employer-paid benefits and compensation package.
- 30 vacation days.