The AEC Group provides a full range of scalable mobility solutions, including the official distribution of Stellantis’ Dodge/RAM brands in Europe, as well as a global fleet and parts and accessories business. AEC was founded in St. Catharines, Canada, in 1996, has a team of 170+ international experts in seven locations in NAFTA, APAC and EMEA, a network of 550+ dealers, and the experience and drive to help partners enter new markets and grow their
brands. With its International Homologation Center, R&D Facility, Vehicle Processing Center and dedicated tech, logistics and retail solutions, AEC is uniquely positioned to enable vehicle sales and registration on any global market,
distribute parts and accessories, and offer consulting and financing services.
We are looking for a Homologation Manager within our Vehicle Processing Center (VPC) acting as a foreman to join our international team in Zeebrugge.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You’re responsible for operations at the Vehicle Processing Center, you lead a group of up to 30 technicians in 2 shifts
- You plan, organize and coordinate the daily schedule of the VPC operations
- You oversee throughput, supply and execution challenges and report them daily, you actively propose solutions to minimize disruptions
- You constantly review processes and propose improvements
- Develop the technicians and team leaders, coach and train as necessary
- Ensure safety and risk prevention are a daily priority
- You work closely together with the VPC technical manager on a day-to-day basis
- Ensure all administration (labor law and process) is managed correctly
- Business partner for: planning, parts, logistics, and product management
The ideal candidate will have the following requirements:
- At least 3+ years of leadership experience in an automotive (or equivalent) workshop
- Language skills: very good knowledge of Dutch and English
- Proven experience as people manager in a multicultural environment
- Proven technical skills, automotive preferred
- Experience in implementing 5S
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to deal with complexity and manage ambiguity
- Experienced in writing and reviewing SOP / process descriptions
- Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Adaptability: we love change!
- Reliability: we say what we do and we do what we say.
- Professionalism: we have what it takes.
- Leadership: we all take ownership.
- Growth: we are committed to continuous improvement...
- Kindness: we put people first.
What you'll get in return
- The opportunity to shape and grow an industry-leading automotive distributor
- A flexible, collaborative, dynamic, and fast-paced work environment
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- Opportunities to participate in exciting brand and company events that give back to the community
- Competitive benefits and compensation package
- 30 vacation days per year (for full-time employees)